Monday, September 30, 2013

i dreamed . . .

. . . I did a somersault and landed with both feet planted solidly on the back of an unclothed man kneeling on all fours. Then I broke into a garage and started planting tomato seedlings in the dark. The garage door creaked opened, and the lights of a police truck blinded me. I was caught red-handed.

Thinking quickly I reached into my backpack for a business card and held it out in front of me, pinching it between my thumb and my index finger. When the female driver of the police truck asked me what I was doing I said, handing her the card, “If you ever get a flat tire on a Monday, a Wednesday or a Friday please don’t hesitate to call me. I’ll come and pick you up.” Her body language softened. I could tell she appreciated my offer. She said, “Thank you. By the way, do you know of a good place to get sushi around here?” I said, “The movie theatre, believe it or not, has pretty decent sushi.” I said, “Tell them Sunflower sent you.”